What is the goal of the investment?
The goal is to fight depopulation, and the consequent decay of peripheral areas, and to promote initiatives that value natural and cultural assets, and local manufacturing sectors, promoting the economic and social recovery of internal areas, from North to South.
- Reduce the gaps in standards of living
- Gender equality
There is a plan to strengthen infrastructures, social services, and accessibility of health services, especially in rural areas with fewer than 3000 inhabitants. Internal areas, as a matter of fact, make up approximately three fifths of the entire national territory, spread out from North to South, presenting similar characteristics:
• great natural, environmental and cultural assets;
• distance from great urban conglomerates and service centres;
• the development potential combining innovation and tradition To revitalise and boost Internal Areas it is necessary to support investments which improve the attractiveness of these areas, inverting the declining (infrastructural, demographic, economic) trends affecting them, and to promote development mechanisms. The development of the NRRP unfolds along two intervention lines.
• Boosting community social services and infrastructures.
• Community health services For this investment, an additional 300 billion euro will be issued by the Complementary Fund.
greater attractiveness for businesses
greater attractiveness for citizens
Increased local services
Creation of new services, decentralised from great urban conglomerates.
New models for sustainable development
Improving citizens' quality of life