What is the goal of the investment?
The investment aims at supporting the economic and social development of many small Italian villages and historical centres that offer enormous potential thanks to the culture, history and traditions that characterise them. A model will be developed to guide tourism in a more sustainable flow promoting visits to areas that are not well known.
- Reduce the gaps in standards of living
Said investment is integrated into the "National Villages Plan", a plan set to develop the economic and social development of the areas that are far away form the large urban centres, based on the cultural regeneration of small centres and the re-launch of tourism. The actions are structured around cultural projects integrated at a local level. The measures will concentrate on:
• recovery of the historical heritage, re-qualification of public open spaces (e.g. elimination of architectural barriers, improving street decor), creating small cultural services also geared towards tourism.
• the creation and promotion of new historically themed paths and guided visits will be encouraged;
• financial support will be introduced for cultural, creative, tourist, commercial, agri-food and craft activities, aimed at relaunching local economies by promoting local products, knowledge and techniques. With the finality of guaranteeing that the measure is in conformance with the Technical Guide "do not cause significant damages" (2021/C58/01), the criteria for admissibility contained in the reference terms for the subsequent invites to present projects excludes the following list of activities:
• activities related to fossil fuels, including the use of downstream chain;
• activities in the scope of the Emission Trading System (ETS) of the EU that emit expected greenhouse gases not less than the pertinent reference parameters; • activities related to landfills, incinerators and mechanical biological treatment plants;
• activities in which the long term disposal of refuse can cause environmental damages. Moreover, the financial contract states that only activities in conformance with pertinent EU and national legislation will be selected.
Recovery and promotion of material and immaterial cultural patrimony, safeguarding the identity of the areas and the value of the historical landscapes with the creation of the "National Villages Plan"
Reorganization of small infrastructure and cultural activities
Re-qualification of the public spaces in order to remove the barriers that preclude access to people with disabilities
Improvement of the coordination and management of cultural services promoting the creation of networks, use of technology and new thematic itineraries, historical paths and guided visits
Financial support for commercial and cultural activities that promote local products, knowledge and techniques