What is the goal of this investment?
The goal of the investment is to develop a sustainable tourism model and create a tourist itinerary for Rome and for lesser known national routes. The project also includes training and the creation of new jobs. In addition, a dedicated app will be developed containing tourist, cultural and logistical information useful for tourists.
The project will be required to increase the number of accessible tourist sites and create valid and competitive tourist and cultural alternatives with respect to crowded central areas. To do this, the plan is to increase the use of digital technologies, also enhancing green areas and sustainable tourism. The investment involves six lines of action:
• "Cultural Heritage of Rome for the Next Generation EU", concerning the regeneration and restoration of cultural and urban heritage and complexes of high historical and architectural value in the city of Rome;
• “Jubilee routes” (from pagan to Christian Rome), for the enhancement, securing, anti-seismic consolidation, and restoration of places and buildings of historical interest and archaeological itineraries;
• #LaCittàCondivisa, which concerns the redevelopment of sites in peripheral areas;
• #Mitingodiverde, which covers actions on parks, historic gardens, villas and fountains;
• #Roma 4.0, which envisages the digitalisation of cultural services and the development of apps for tourists;
• #Amanotesa, aimed at increasing cultural attractions in the peripheries for social integration. The list of beneficiaries and implementing bodies will include: Capital Rome; Archaeological Superintendence for Cultural, Environmental and Landscape Heritage of Rome (MIC); Archaeological Park of the Colosseum; Archaeological Park of the Appian Way; Diocese of Rome; Ministry of Tourism; Lazio region.
Regeneration of cultural and urban heritage
Work to secure and restore public and historical places along the jubilee paths
Redevelopment of peripheral areas and thematic sites
Renovation and restoration of parks, historic gardens, fountains and villas
Digitalisation of cultural services and development of a specific app
Increase of cultural attractions in the peripheries to promote social inclusion
More competitive and sustainable tourism