What is the goal of this investment?

Increase the IPCEI Fund (Important Projects of Common European Interest) to finance companies and research centres for projects on development, innovation and industrial production, also in collaboration with European centres and businesses.  New or existing projects will be selected concerning specific innovative industrial sectors in the cloud, raw materials, health and cybersecurity sectors.  Only businesses present in the Companies Register, which are not under liquidation or receivership, nor undergoing restructuring, which are up to date with any return of MISE (Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico [Ministry of Economic Development]) subsidies, and which have not received aid deemed illegal by the European Commission, will be able to participate in the call for tenders 

Total investment cost 1.5 bn
  • Youth
  • Gender equality
  • Reduce the gaps in standards of living
Additional details

The financed companies will have to commit to using 40% of the investment for the fight against climate change and the other 60% for digital innovation. Funding cannot be provided for activities associated with fossil fuels, nor those within the scope of the EU Emissions Trading System, unless they entail greenhouse gas emissions well under the main benchmarks. Projects concerning landfills or incinerators, or in any way associated with the generation of long-term hazardous waste for the environment, cannot be funded either.

What are the benefits?

  • Promoting the ecological and digital transition
  • Greater competitiveness of Italian companies
  • Greater job opportunities in innovative and more productive sectors

Key steps and Expenses envisaged

Key steps