What is the goal of the investment?
Improve the activities and infrastructure for sports, in order to combat school drop-outs, incentivise social inclusion and reinforce personal skills. The investment aims to enlarge sports-related structures and gyms in the school environment in order to increase the time spent at school and expand the educational offering.
- Reduce the gaps in standards of living
- Gender equality
230,400 square metres of gyms and sports-related structures will be renovated or built inside or in the immediate vicinity of schools. The intervention is part of a broader strategy of qualitative and quantitative improvement of the educational offering directed at the youngest students to improve the human capital of the future. In order to guarantee that the measure is in conformance with the Technical Guide "Do not cause significant damage" (2021/C58/01), the criteria for admissibility contained in the reference terms for the next invitations to present projects excludes the following list of activities:
• activities related to fossil fuels, including downstream use
• activities in the scope of the Emission Trading System (ETS) of the EU that emit expected greenhouse gases not less than the pertinent reference parameters
• activities related to landfills, incinerators and mechanical biological treatment plants
• activities in which long term waste disposal can cause environmental damage. Moreover, the contract documents state that only activities in conformance with pertinent EU and national legislation will be selected.
Youth school drop-outs
Greater social inclusion
Greater female employment thanks to the extension of school hours